Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Alok Tandon - MBA 2009

Today the Class of 2009 began its GBA elections.  I'm pretty excited to be about being a part of the student government as the VP of Student Activities, which is essentially the social chair.  I'm also pretty proud of being a member of the class of 2009, especially after hearing some incredible candidate speeches from my classmates.

Our class has been extremely proactive and entrepreneurial since the beginning of the year - always questioning what is going on around us and finding better ways and solutions.  With a new dean joining soon and a new curriculum being implemented this is critical period of transition for our school.  I'm glad we are at the helm.  Not only will the class of 2010 be the direct beneficiaries, we eventual alumni will get to enjoy the prospects of legacy and pride.

Till then I can't wait to set up some amazing social events.  Besides Kegs and Late Night (no classes on Fridays) on Thursdays, I have a lot of cool plans to foster and maintain a strong community.  Today I also won the VP of Social Activities for Emory's Grad Senate, a body that represents all of the universities graduate programs.  With both positions, I hope to integrate the business school with the other programs through mixers, joint community service projects, and an occasional speed dating event.  I hope we can incorporate a few sporting events and trips in the mix as well.

Alright, as usual, I hardly sleep and its 4am.  Need to catch some shut eye for about 4hrs and head back to school.  Can't wait to take a breather during spring break (starting Thursday)...

-alok

No comments: